Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Training

Well it's going on week one of my new training program. It doesn't really kick in til November 1st but even still it's not the easiest thing. The theology that training takes place in the kitchen most of all is true. I've never had the results I wanted by working out alone. However this winter I'm trying something new. I really do want to hit a lean 180 pounds before I'm 25. I'm 23 now. I'm 6'3 and around 160 pounds at 5.5% bodyfat. I'm perfectly happy with my body but positive goals are always the way to go.

The most difficult part for me is not getting up at 6am and hitting the weights, it's eating. I don't have an eating disorder but I do have a hard time eating enough food to really promote growth. My biggest issue is I never wish to 'bulk'. I think it's insane to think you need to get fat to add lean muscle mass. How is it motivating to watch all your accomplishments slip away just so you can add 5 lean pounds? It's going to be a fact that you can't really tell your body only add lean mass. With eating a caloric surplus you are going to gain lean mass and some fat as well. However if you are willing to take it slow and keep it healthy, you can keep that to a minimum. There is no reason to not do some light cardio outside of the gym. Adding lean mass doesn't have to mean being sedentary unless your in the gym.

It's also difficult to feel your accomplishments encroached upon. I've had a couple days since taking my diet a couple steps up that I'm just bloated. My pants aren't fitting as they typically do. My abs don't look as they typically do. It does take determination to say it's just a bi-product of getting used to the food. That my body isn't going to change and descend rapidly.

In regards to actually training, it's going to be a new approach. I'm going to be doing 3 early mornings of compound workouts. Compound being lifts that hit more then one muscle group. Thinks like deadlifts, benchpress, squats and dips. The scientific theory being the more muscle groups that are being hit the more HGH the body naturally produces. Thus if the eating is clean and spot on then positive growth should happen. I'll check in from time to time!

No comments:

Post a Comment