Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Stone Temple Pilots - Atlanta



Atlanta is the last song appearing on the Number 4 album. The album was STP's return as they had disbanded to pursue solo projects. Weiland had released a solo album and the DeLeo brothers had formed a short lived band called 'Talk Show'. Neither record sold well so a reunion was inevitable. Part of what makes the record work so well is you can tell the members' of the band had been writing great material that didn't fit any solo project well but worked in the STP mindset.

Atlanta is the darkest song on the album. It's hard to quantify what the song is exactly about. My wager is Weiland's lyrics come from divorcing his first wife as he references 'The mexican princess is out of my life'.

1 comment:

  1. I'm not sure what I think of this song...
    The melody somewhat makes me think of "Raindrops and Roses" from "The Sound of Music" at times.

    ReplyDelete