Thursday, October 21, 2010

Our Lady Peace - Thief

Forgive me for posting another OLP so soon after another. This isn't going to be my daily selection but this is a bit of what I'm listening to. This song initially was going to be my selection rather then Automatic Flowers but I thought this song to be a bit too mainstream. It's one of the few songs that is mainstream for a reason: in part because it's a great song and second because of the message it carries.

Thief was written for Mina Kim. She was a friend of lead singer Raine Maida who had an inoperable brain tumor. He was inspired to write this song for her out of his own personal grief over the situation. He calls his lack of understanding to task and dismisses all religious implications. 'I can't see the thief living inside your head'/'I can be some courage at the side of your bed'/

No comments:

Post a Comment