Monday, October 11, 2010

Nine Inch Nails - Last

This is going to be a rare treat as I usually won't feature industrial music here. It's not my favorite genre although I do enjoy a fair amount of NiN's work. For those of you that are going WTF is industrial, I'll break it down. Industrial was initially started for well, industrial people. It was intended to be more complex and experimental then punk but within the same vein. It's angry and not overly nice. Industrial music typically contains themes of oppression, anger, dissatisfaction etc.

Trent Reznor (AKA Nine Inch Nails) has really made industrial popular. He creates large, threatening riffs and really is a dark guy. He's never been a happy person. All of his music is dark and menacing and he's never really satisfied with what he's created. I picked Last as it's one of my favorite NIN songs just due to how fucking loud it is but it manages to maintain a steady groove. The Broken EP is probably one of the loudest, menacing and heavy records you can find. It's right up there with Soundgarden's Louder then Love. I'll feature another NIN cut in the coming weeks.


No comments:

Post a Comment