Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Albums

Now is the time to take the blog in a bit of a new direction, or add a new feature. The feature being: Albums. An album being the physical piece you buy that contains music on the media portion. Media being CD, Tape, Vinyl whatever. The reason for the new direction is I don't typically just listen to a song. Listening to a singular song is taking the song out of context, as it's placed on an album for a reason. The album is a comprehensive piece of work. From the album art and packaging right down to the linear notes and disc. Listening to a singular song is like checking out 1/10th of a painting. Your missing the entire picture.

Thus going forward I'm going to be reviewing albums I feel to be above all. This isn't a service that is going to review the most recent releases. This is going to be what I see as the best of the best and what I recommend.

No comments:

Post a Comment